- CACCC is proud to announce they will be conducting a 30-hour Chinese Hospice Palliative volunteer training program in Sacramento. The extensive 30-hour training program dates in the Sacramento area are: June 17 &18 held at Dignity Health in Carmichael; June 24 and June 25 held at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Roseville.
Read More …..
- Palliative Care Coordinator position available at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital. Please click here for more details.
- In recognition of National Healthcare Decision Day (April 16), the Chinese American Coalition for Compassionate Care (CACCC) is proud to host “Saying Goodbye with Love” essay contest, in hopes of increasing community awareness of the importance of Advance Care Planning and to provide meaningful ways to start the conversation and say goodbye with love to their family and loved ones with no regrets.
Contest begins March 15 and ends April 30, 017 at 11:59pm Pacific Time. Winners will be posted on CACCC’s website and Facebook on May 15, 2017. Click here to read entire press announcement.
- CACCC Founder and Board Chair Ms. Sandy Chen Stokes was presented with the 2017 Compassionate Care Innovator Award for her extraordinary role in improving the quality of advance care planning and palliative care in California at the CCCC 9th Annual Summit held on March 13-14, 2017, in Sacramento, CA. Sandy was one of the 2017 Summit Leadership Award honorees selected by Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC). For over 11 years, Sandy has devoted herself to building a community in which Chinese Americans are able to face the end of life with dignity and respect.
- "Saying Goodbye with Love" Essay Contest — The deadline to enter is April 30.
- 3/18, Saturday, 1:00-3:00pm "Change Mental Health — Suicide Prevention" presented by CACCC Founder and Board Chair Ms. Sandy Chen Stokes, sponsored by NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness). Location: 39500 Fremont Blvd, Suite 300, Fremont, CA 94538.
- Save the dates for "Sacramento 30-Hour Hospice & Palliative Care Volunteer Training", 6/16, 6/17, 6/18, 6/24 & 6/25. Detail will be announced by the end of March.
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CACCC VOLUNTEERS ON TV